Monday 5 September 2011

Home Sweet Home


I missed my blog.
Does that make sense? I missed my blog, this one, the funny, useless one and the medical one.
Vacation was a really good time! Get ready for a photo dump:

@ the Grand Hilton, enjoying some poolside recreation


On the strip, in front of this wonderful fountain..
which is coincidentally right across the marc jacob store!



Trying not to get arrested on the strip in Vegas
We were definitely not supposed to be on this fountain!
I just really like this picture because Im vain
-Escondido, CA (Welk Resorts)

I had a bottle of wine to myself..
Take heed, don't let that happen


SEA WORLD! There's some awesome killer whales!
There are also sea lions that tango!

At the beach house in Escondido, CA


The dolphins are super cute!

Carlsbad Beach, CA

Mommy and I in the sea!



































"I like sunsets, long walks on the beach..."




















People surf on beluga whales!




















Still, with every awesome experience that I had, I am so glad to be home. I was rushing so bad through the state of Utah that I got a $240 speeding ticket! My mother says I should pay it because it would be the christian thing to do. My dad says I should just save myself some money, trash it and never drive through Utah again because they'll probably have a warrant for my arrest. Decisions, decisions!

Today is the last day I have to get myself put together before school starts. Tomorrow, I start with the new student orientation, and I kind of planned a speech....

 " HELLO NEWBIES... proceed through this door to sign your life away for the next four years... if you have recently begun a relationship, ABORT MISSION. If you were still hoping to spend time with your friends over the school year, you might as well haul ass to the newly renovated school bar so you can begin drowning your sorrows in a nice, cold pint because it'll be highly doubtful that you will have many meaningful relationships after October 16th...which..whaddaya know! Coincidentally, it is also the last day to drop out of class with a shred of dignity! Did you get into the awesome bio teacher's class? No? OH that's right! She quit teaching for the nursing program this year! Shit! Well, have fun, because the current course coordinator still doesn't understand that creatinine and creatine aren't the same thing, and she also tried to tell me that it went 'Duodenum, illeum, and jejunum, because it's in alphabetical order durrr" it's not. It's DUODENUM,  JEJUNUM, ILEUM. Remember that shit, because it connects to the cecum, creating the ILEOCECAL VALVE. Oh, also, not one biostats professor is understandable and all have very thick accents. Good luck with all those handwritten formulas you have to decipher! Modules? Don't do those on your own... you'll just throw up when you see that 60+ long answer questions are due each week. Maybe if you're nice to me, and daddy will pay to fix my car along with your tuition, we can work something out. Now, who's ready for some fun facts!"


Just kidding. That's not actually going to happen. I'd probably have to write another 12 pg paper on the psychological effects of sarcasm on today's youth because that's how they punish you here in the nursing program. What I am actually doing is playing a true/false game with "fun facts" about the university and the nursing program.

I officially don't have classes this week because my schedule is Mon-Wed, and classes start on the Thursday. Still being a busy bee though, I have 40 lunch dates and many piles of paperwork to file because I was doing nothing with my life besides watching Community on Netflix before I left for vacation!

I am pretty excited for clinical though. It's officially time to try my handiwork on real people! I haven't found out my placement yet, but I am praying hard for it to be anything other than Foothills Hospital (which is all the way across town), and at 5:45 in the morning.

As for the change in blenery (I made it up, it is for blog scenery), my lovely friend Ariffa redid her blog to be FANTASTIC. She did such a good job....and mine still looks like shit, but I really like daisies, so what the hell.. why not?

Hope everyone else is having a good start for back-to-school season! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment