Saturday 16 July 2011

30 day productivity challenge

This year, after spring classes, I will only be getting 60 days of summer. And so far, it is flying by very quickly! I haven't been doing much since I finished school.. usually, my day consists of:
  • eating
  • sleeping
  • watching tv (nothing proactive or constructive)
  • eating way more than I should
  • eating some more after that
  • laying in bed
  • rubbing my tummy, hoping for the ache to go away
  • blogging
  • watching movies
  • sleeping more than 10 hours in a day
and really....this has got to stop. I am not even working out or going to yoga as much as I should..and I haven't done anything to edify myself in 30 days!! (I counted)

so I have decided upon a challenge. I have 30 days left until I head out on vacation across the Oregon Coast/Vegas/Cali. I plan to use those 30 days doing things that somehow make me a better person, inside or out. Atleast ONE thing/day. That shouldn't be too hard to handle. I guess the boundaries of this challenge are a little vague because honestly, some of the things that would qualify..seem like pretty lazy activities. In any case, I just want to get 'er done. Examples:

  • read
  • slowly work through my podcast on Human Behavioral Biology
  • go to yoga
  • sort out my music collection
  • walk the dog
  • review all chapters from BIOL1220/1221
That list seems stupid, I know...but honestly... 30 days has gone by in the summer so far, and I haven't read anything! I spent a large sum of money in Chapters at the beginning of this summer and have yet to crack a book open. Also, I want to replace watching all that useless tv with something that's going to make me smarter in the long run - Human Behavioral Biology. I want to walk my dog more. She's getting old and needs the exercise - and frankly, so do I. My music collection is so... empty and full of shit at the same time. I want to be able to just plug my iPod in and not have to press 'skip' every second song. I just want to make the most out of my summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment